Summer Programs & Camps
- YMCA Day Camp Programs
- CultureHub CoLab Summer Camp (Ages 14-19)
CoLab offers high school students the chance to explore the intersection of arts and technology with professional artists and creative technologists. Kids can choose between two modules that meet for three hours per/day for two weeks in July. The program is entirely free of cost, and CultureHub provides MetroCards for students who need to travel. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.
- Riverbank State Park Summer Camp
- Lehman Academy for Children and Teens (Ages 6-12)
Traditionally, the camp is hosted on Lehman’s 37-acre campus and offers half- and full-day (8am–6pm) options with plenty of outdoor activities, plus academic lessons, dance, arts and crafts, sports, and even swimming in the on-site Olympic-sized pool. FREE breakfast and lunch are provided to all campers. Sessions run for three weeks.
- The Summer Engineering Experience For Kids
- Summer Camp Hub: Free Virtual Summer Camps
- Robotic Alliance Project: Summer Camps & Program Directory
- RecYouth Teen Digital Media Program
Our citywide teen digital media program teaches young adults media making skills. Topics include video production, audio production, graphic design, game design and photography.
- Tech Ops
Adults & young adults can develop industry-standard skills in a variety of programs, and receive their certification. Learn how to masterfully edit photos in Photoshop, or create a professional looking portfolio using InDesign!! Online Registration Form
- The Green Girls Summer Institute
The CityParks Green Girls Empowered by ING Summer Institute is a Science program that engages up to 40 middle school girls, ages 10-13, in five weeks of fun-filled outdoor adventures. Program Application
- Go Getter Summer Internship
The GO Project summer internship is an opportunity for high school students to learn and develop leadership skills while working with GO Project students in academic and/or enrichment classes.
- Girls Who Code Virtual Summer Immersion Program
The signature Girls Who Code Summer Immersion Program will be running virtually in 2021. The 2-week opportunity is available to rising sophomore, junior, and senior girls—trans and cis—and non-binary students.
- Sound Thinking NYC
The STNYC Summer Intensive is a free three-week long program that especially opens doors for young women and men in high school to explore careers in the music industry. The program is open to current 9th, 10th & 11th grade students who will be entering 10th, 11th or 12th grade in fall 2021. Program Application
- Girls Rise Up
Join Girls Rise Up’s “STEM From Dance” program in July 2021 for an energizing two weeks. Spend your day dancing, learning how to code, and exploring ways to combine creativity and technology into one innovative dance performance. Program Application
- Fresh Air Summer Spaces offers three-hour in-person camps for children between the ages of 5 and 12 at neighborhood-based locations. Activities include arts and crafts, STEM projects, sports and more.
- Fresh Air Open Spaces is for children between the ages of 12 and 15 with an interest in environmental education, STEM or sports. The program is held in two-week sessions at New York City parks.
- Fresh Air Everywhere is a virtual camp for children between the ages of 7 and 12. Participants receive activity boxes to help them try out nature-focused activities during virtual sessions and at home with their families.
- Fresh Air Teen Academy encompasses several internships, job readiness programs and more for teenagers. Programs will be primarily virtual this year.
- Tech Kids Unlimited
Tech Kids Unlimited offers a suite of technology programs year-round for students between the ages of 7 and 21 who have learning disabilities including autism spectrum disorders. This summer, Tech Kids Unlimited will hold online workshops by age group on topics such as game design, animation and website coding. Morning session workshops run from 9 to 11:30 a.m., and afternoon workshops run from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Workshops cost $225, but financial aid is available.
- Brooklyn Public Library Virtual Camp and Internships
– Children between the ages of 7 and 12 are invited to join the Brooklyn Cultural Adventures Program, a partnership among six Brooklyn cultural institutions, including the Brooklyn Museum and the Prospect Park Zoo. There will be daily live sessions at 9:30 a.m.; hands-on activities that can be done at home, including do-at-your-own-pace activities; and optional drop-in events at partner sites. To register, email email@example.com
– The Brooklyn Public Library also will offer an array of summer reading support and activities. There will be outdoor and virtual events; grab-and-go summer reading tote bags with bookmarks, stickers, and other treats; personalized book recommendations; and more. To get involved, visit the Brooklyn Public Library website.
– Students between the ages of 14 and 18 are invited to apply for the library’s Today’s Teens, Tomorrow’s Techies internship program, which is a 16-month internship that includes a two-week summer training. Interns will earn a stipend and school credit while learning new computer skills and helping library patrons and staff.
- Intrepid Air and Space Museum camp for kids with disabilities
Students between the ages of 8 and 14 with developmental disabilities including autism are invited to register for the Intrepid Museum’s All Access Maker Camp from Aug. 23 to 27. The camp costs $75 for the week and includes all materials and a T-shirt. This year, the camp will be both virtual and in-person.
- ZCO Dance Project workshops for students with disabilities
ZCO Dance Project invites youths between the ages of 5 and 18 to its online summer dance workshops, which run from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. every Saturday from July 10 to Aug. 14.
Outdoor Pools, Beaches, and Park Spray Showers
- Free Outdoor Pools
NYC’s outdoor pools will re-open on Saturday, June 26, 2021.
- NYC Beaches
New York City beaches will re-open for swimming on Memorial Day Weekend on Saturday, May 29, 2021.
- What Beach are You?
Summer in NYC is nothing without trips to the beach. NYC Parks operates eight different beaches that stretch over 14 miles of coast. Take our quiz and find out which beach fits you best.
- Spray Showers
On hot days, make sure to splash around at a spray shower in a park or playground near you. In general, spray showers operate on days when the temperature hits 80 degrees or higher, so you can cool down while having a blast!
Sports Programs and Activities
- CityParks Tennis
- Stellar Soccer
- CityParks Track & Field
- Riverbank State Park Public Roller Skating Sessions
- CityParks Kid Fitness & Everyday Play
- Kids Bowl for Free
- CityParks Play Anywhere Digital Content
- Riverdale Stables; Horseback Riding
- Hudson River Park Sports & Play
- NYC Parks Hiking Trial Locations
- Hiking Events in NYC
- Recommended Hiking Trails
- Bike Trials for Families in NYC
NYC Events and Activities for Families
- NYC Parks Events Calendar
- CityParks Foundation Events Calendar
- NYC Parks Urban Park Ranger Events
- NYC Parks Family Weekend Adventures
- Central Park Conservatory Activities & Calendar
- Whale Watching & Dolphin Adventures Cruise
- Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
- New York Aquariums
- Skyline Movie and Shows Drive In
- Visit the Best Kids Playgrounds in NYC
- Annual NYC Events and Festivals
- Children’s Museum of Art Events and Calendar
- The National Museum Of Mathematics Events and Calendar
- Black History and Culture Sites in NYC
- Black Owned NYC Art Spaces: Galleries, Theatres,, and Music Venues
- Black History Sites to Explore In NYC
Concerts, Shows, and Performances
- CityParks Foundation Summerstage Program
- NYC Parks: Free Summer Concerts
- Puppet Mobile
- The Public Theatre Shows & Events
- Shakespeare in the Park
- Apollo Theatre Events & Calendar
- The New Victory Theatre
- Virtual Events and For Kids
- Lincoln Center at Home: Free Concerts for Kids
- Summer on the Hudson: Locomotive Lawn Live
Online Activities and Resources
- Story Time from Space
- Learn to Code on Online
- The Kennedy Center Lunch Doodles
- Learn a New Language with Doulingo
- Mystery Science
- Knowledge on the Go
- Prodigy Fun Math Games
- Central Park Conservatory Virtual Tours
- Virtual Field Trips
- College Campus Tours
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Virtual STEAM Day Trips
- National Geographic Kids
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Storyline Online
- Read to Lead
- The National Museum of The American Indian