If you or your child requires access to food:
- KIPP NYC Summer Food Pantry: The Food Pantry at CPHS, Washington Heights, Harlem, and AMP will be closed this coming Friday, June 26th due to KIPP NYC’s Class of 2020 High School Graduation ceremony.
- Food pantries at all 4 locations will re-open Friday, July 3rd with new hours/dates for the rest of the summer. Please see this calendar for more information. English | Spanish
- If you would like to make a reservation to pick up groceries at any of the pick up locations, please complete this brief form to place your reservations for the entire summer.
- DOE Grab and Go Food Sites – Throughout the summer, meals will be distributed at various sites across the city. All adults and children can pick up multiple meals at once. DOE food sites will be available to all NYC children Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 1:30 pm at locations across the city. Please use the DOEs Free Meal Location Tool to find a site near you.
- Emergency Food Supplies:
- NYC Human Resources Administration Food Assistance Program
- The HopeLine for Free Diapers and Formula
- St. Charles Borromeo Food Pantry, 221 West 141st Street. Please call first to see if they are open 212-281-2100.
- Society of Saint Vincent dePaul Food pantry at St. Paul the Apostle on West 60 Street and Amsterdam Avenue, NYC
If you are an essential New York City employee who requires childcare to work:
We appreciate the continued dedication of first responders, health care providers, transit workers, and other key personnel for ensuring that New York City is able to effectively fight COVID-19. For this reason, the New York City Department of Education created Regional Enrichment Centers (RECs)—places where your children can be safely cared for while you continue to serve the city in this time of need.
These centers will be citywide and will be staffed by DOE employees and community-based organization partners. The centers will provide children with three hot meals daily, remote learning time with their teachers, activities like art and music, and social and emotional support.
If you are a first responder, health care provider, or transit worker whose child is a New York City resident, and you would like to use this child care option, please complete the Regional Enrichment Center Enrollment Form to begin your enrollment process. You will then be contacted about an assignment to a site near your home.
If you need additional summer enrichment opportunities for your child:
VIRTUAL SUMMER CAMPS: (with attached list for additional resources)
Free Independent Reading Resources
- New York Public Library: Take advantage of your local library’s remote library resources. If you don’t already have a library card, click here to view how you apply for one online.
If you or your child require social, emotional, or mental health resources:
- For Immediate Help:
- NYS Hotline: Free Emotional Support, Consultation, Referral to Provider: (844) 863-9314
- NYC Well Mobile Crisis call 1-888-NYC-WELL or TEXT WELL to 65173 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a free, confidential service for free information, help and emotional support.
- Ongoing individual and family therapy – Headway Co
Resources specializing in providing support services to Black Americans – Ayana Therapy
- Grief, Loss and Bereavement – 212.632.4692
- Child Emotional Wellness Resources for Parents
- Family Workshops (Roots ConnectED) Talking about Race and Racism with Your Child
If you require technical assistance with your equipment, please contact email@example.com. In order to ensure your equipment continues to work properly, please follow the following care instructions:
- Shut down/power off the laptop when not in use to prevent overheating.
- Close the lid when not in use even briefly – this prevents damage due to accidental bumps or drops.
- Choose a dedicated ‘laptop storage’ location where the laptop can be stored at the end of the school day.
- No food or drink around the laptop.
- Use the laptop on a clean, flat surface (avoid pillows, couches, beds) to avoid overheating.
- Please ensure that your laptop is safely plugged within close proximity of an electrical outlet to avoid any tripping hazards.
Students will have access to Clever to complete any summer projects. If your child is having trouble logging in to Clever or any of the online tools needed to complete summer work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your child’s full name and his or her home room teacher name to help us identify the student.
For our youngest KIPPsters, we’ve prepared summer break work packets for students entering 1st through 5th grade at KIPP. The activities assigned can be completed throughout the summer when convenient to families. KIPPsters can continue to log into platforms such as Amplify Reading, Epic! Free, and Zearn Math through Clever.
Work Packets (grades represent the grade your child will enter in August 2020)
En Español (las calificaciones representan la calificación que su hijo ingresará en agosto de 2020)